Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

A child that will be 2 years in May has a cold with a small

Customer Question
temp of 99.1 and has...
a child that will be 2 years in May has a cold with a small temp of 99.1 and has an eye discharge of green/yellow color and has a cough and chest is congested but is getting it up. What can we do for her eyes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
4/2/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer

An eye discharge from the eyes is usually seen in conjunctivitis. If greenish or yellow discharge is seen it implies a bacterial conjunctivitis. You need to start antibiotic eye drops like Vigamox eye drops , one drop every 2 hours during waking hours for one week. Avoid warmth to the eyes as it may worsen a bacterial conjunctivitis.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Dr.A.S.Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist