Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Is it possible to change your eye color by manipulating the

Customer Question
melanin...
Is it possible to change your eye color by manipulating the melanin
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
4/1/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Can you clarify what you mean by manipulating melanin?
Do you mean vitamin supplementation?
What colors are you eyes now and what would you like them to be?
By either taking a supplement or placing some type eydrops on your eyes- is there perhaps a theory to do this-?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change you eye color with supplementation or eye drops. There are many different colors of soft contact lenses which look very natural. The most common brands are Freshlook color blends and Acuvue 2 colors. I'd recommend you see you optometrist for a contact lens fitting for that.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James