Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have left bloodshot eye that is painful and on-going

Hi, I have left bloodshot eye that is painful and on-going numbness/pain/pins and needles in left arm/fingers. Can these be connected and what should be done?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Painful bloodshot eyes are unlikely to be related to these symptoms in arm. Painful bloodshot eyes could be due to severe dryness, blepahritis, meibomitis, episcleritis, uvitis etc. You need to see an ophthalmologist to confirm the diagnosis.

Numbness, pin and prick sensation in arm and fingers could be due to a neurological cause. The possibilities include cervical spondylosis, diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy etc. You need to see a doctor preferably a neurologist for this. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.