Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Is there any way to help focus the remaining sighted eye

Customer Question
after one eye was blinded...
is there any way to help focus the remaining sighted eye after one eye was blinded. I'm squinting all the time to try to help focus the sighted eye. 61 years vision in sighted eye good but now rewuires me to squint blind eye to focus
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
3/9/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Does that blind eye see light or recognize letters at all?
What is the reason for the blindness?
Do you pain in that blind eye?

Ocular toxoplasmosis is the cause of blindness, no pain, no light, just stressed by the squinting.

Thank you for the reply. It is likely you've had the most of your life. It appears the squinting is something that has come about recently. Sometimes the ocular toxoplasmosis can reactive and cause inflammation. If the inflammation is mild, you may not have symptoms of pain or light sensitivity.

I'd recommend you see your ophthalmologist for an examination to see if the toxoplasmosis has reactivated.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
thanks but I already knew that answer
Have you had a recent eye exam to check for reactivation of the toxoplasmosis?
Relist: Answer quality.
Dr. James
Dr. James