Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

During reading I see some parts of the page blurred ( left

Customer Question

During reading I see some parts of the page blurred ( left eye ). Also horizontal lines are wavy. My sight is becoming 2 dimensional.Can you suggest treatment to restore the left eye?
Thank you
Frank
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 7 years ago.
Hello Frank,

Such symptoms are suggestive of a macular lesion. Macula is the central part of the retina
Macular lesions are common in older age, as in age related macular degenaration, in diabetes.

You need a detailed retina check up for evaluation and treatment. Depending on the actual findings a definite diagnosis can be made. An amsler grid test can help to know the extent of involvement.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Dr.A.S.Desai
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Are there any other reasons?

Hello Frank,

Some times such symptoms may be seen in macular hole which can occur without any specific cause ie idiopathic, or may be seen in diabetes or following an eye trauma.

If none of the causes have been seen in your case then it could be an idiopathic macular hole. It needs to be verified by a retinal specialist.

Thanks and best wishes

Dr.A.S.Desai
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I HAVE NO OTHER REQUEST!!