Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had cataract surgery last week. I cannot see anything but

Customer Question
shadows. My pupil is sort...
I had cataract surgery last week. I cannot see anything but shadows. My pupil is sort of square and smaller than the other eye. can the pupil be restored to being round again?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
3/9/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

It will depend upon the cause. If the pupil has been damaged during the square and some portion is lost then it will not be possible. However, if vitreous is present in the anterior part as a result of posterior capsule rent then it may be done surgically. If a dilator is being used then stopping that will probably help. You need to ask the operating surgeon who has examined you. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Do you have any more questions?
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist