How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sac of fluid on my eyeball, is this chalazion

Resolved Question:

I have a sac of fluid on my eyeball, is this chalazion meibamian cyst and will drops be sufficient as treatment, it is not on the lid but on the eyeball.
with thanks
Carole Stone ***@******.***
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.


Is the vision affected?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not at all
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Chalazion or meibomian cyst are located on the eyelid and not on eye ball. You have most probably got a conjunctival cyst. It may be related to inflammation or trauma. You can use a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears for a few days. If it does not resolve then you will have to consider surgical excision or some sclerosing agent. You can see an ophthalmologist for confirmation of the diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you