How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My two year old daughter has a pink eye what can i do for

Customer Question

my two year old daughter has a pink eye what can i do for her it is bothering her
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.



Is any discharge present?



If yes, is it purulent or watery?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes she has lot of cold in it... it's really green and it keeps coming out.... her eyes are somewhat watery
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

It looks like she has bacterial conjunctivitis. She needs anti-biotic eye drops like Tobramycin(3-4 times a day). She should be fine in 2-4 days. However, you need to take her to an ophthalmologist/optometrist for confirmation of the diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

No, these are prescription drugs. So, you have to see an ophthalmologist for a prescription in any case. But it is very likely to be conjunctivitis. Thanks.




Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so if i dont make it to the doctor soon can i do anything at home? and we she be fine if she doesn't make it to the doctor....
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

If it was viral conjuctitis then it would not have required anti-biotics but since the discharge is greenish it is likely to be bacterial. Bacterial conjunctivitis has to be treated with anti-biotic eye drops. If you can not see an ophthalmologist then atleast see an optometrist. He will be of great help(and a lot cheaper) as well. I don't think any home remedies will work. Thanks and best wishes.