How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My eye has been watering for about a week now, and yesterday

Resolved Question:

My eye has been watering for about a week now, and yesterday the inside corner of my right eye became extremely tender to the touch. It was accompanied by a sharp pain in my forehead near my hairline....not a headache but a pain. It has continued into today. Can you help me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

It appears you have conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the clear mucous membrane covering the whites of your eyes. I'd recommend you see your ophthalmologist for an evaluation. He can prescribe medication that will reduce the inflammation and your discomfort.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Could it have anything to do with allergies? I had a sinus infection (I thing) for about the past week, which has traveled to my ears, nose, etc. I went to the doctor and was given some type of steroid prescription but it was only enough for 3 days. Just curious if any of this information helps

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

SInus infections can cause conjunctivitis as well since the eyes and nasal passages are connected. Allergies are a possibility as well and often have symptoms of burning and itching.

Steroid eye drops would be helpful.
Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you

Related Eye Questions