Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

It sound weird, but when I move my eyes, my sense of hearing

Customer Question

It sound weird, but when I move my eyes, my sense of hearing changes drastically. I dont think this is normal, cuz' it doesn't happen all the time, but can there be a corelation between eye movement and sound perspective? (It sounds like I turn my head REALLY quickly like a whooshing sound, but I am only moving my eyes back and forth...)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

what you are describing is not something common and anatomically does not make too much sense. One thing that may be happening is if you have some sinus infection or congestion, it can indeed cause some symptoms as you describe but that is about the only instance I can think of. Regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you that is what I was thinking, I had a sinus infection in early Jan and I dont think it went away and is coming back. I just thought maybe I would sound weird. I will make an appt with my ENT next week.
THANKS!!!
You are welcome, thank you for accepting and bonus, Regards