Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My husband woke up this morning and said he had a black spot…

My husband woke up this...
My husband woke up this morning and said he had a black spot in his vision ( right eye. ) I'm concerned it could be a detached retina. I've had "floaters" now and then, but they go away and are not a black "blind spot." Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.
2/5/2010
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

Your husband needs a dilated eye examination by an ophthalmologist. The possibilities include cataract(if black spot is fixed), small vitreous hemorrhage, posterior vitreous detachment etc. An examination is important. I hope, you understand. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist