Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I have just suffered an episode of zigzag lines, on far

I have just suffered an episode of zigzag lines, on far corner of left eye, almost as though the image was outside the eye, as when a fan is on and the eye catches a glimpse.I am Female 58 yrs of age, on Thyroxine, and nsaid for arthiritis

Welcome to Just Answer:

Any problem with floaters?

Any eye pain? headaches?

Have you had this problem before?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no major problem with floaters, have a slight headache, but had a massage yesterday, have neck problems, so not unusual for me to have a minor headache after treatment.I have never had anything like this before

Welcome to Just Answer:

It likely that you are experiencing the symptom of posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). PVD occurs when the clear gel inside the eye (vitreous) melts, and sometimes pulls away from the back of the eye. This is common with age. It is usually not harmful, except when it is severe to the point for affecting your normal vision. At that point the retinal eye doctor would consider removing the melted vitreous. However, I suggest that you plan a scheduled visit to your eye doctor for a dilated eye exam to exclude any retina break that can serve as point for retinal detachment.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.