Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

36 yr old need cataract surgery in left eye asap. Right eye

Customer Question
36 yr old need cataract surgery...
36 yr old
need cataract surgery in left eye asap. Right eye has minor cataract but not urgent as it doesn't affect vision. I'm -5.0 in both eyes...myopic. What is best lens to go for, monofocal or the newer multiplex? Seen a few doctors...not easy choice...any help would be great!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
2/5/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

Since you will be removing that cataract from the left eye, and you are -5.00 in both eyes, it may be a good idea to use Restor multifocal lens implant in the left, and wear contact for near vision in your right eye, as you eventual be removing the cataract from the right eye. The Restor multifocal lens in the has been improved that the complaint of glare is not an significant concern. If you decide to use monofocal, then you can make one eye for near and the other for distant. If you decide on monofocal all the way, the you will need reading glasses in the long run. If you can afford it, I encourage you to consider the Restor multifocal.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
i would like to try to restor lens but the contacts in right eye is a concern as it seems to dry up and cause headache arond temples! Any ideas on how to improve?

Thank you for your patience:

The a good option is to use preservative tear drop such as Genteal drop 4 times daily, and then at night use the Genteal gel. After few days this will help your eye feel much better. However, you can not stop, you should continue to use the drops at least twice during the day, and regularly the gel at night.

Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist