Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

One of my daughter's eyes is suddenly larger than the other

One of my daughter's eyes is suddenly larger than the other one. Just noticed it yesterday and it's more noticeable today. Which doctor do I need to see first? She also suffers from dizzy spells when she's excited, and has never had a good night's sleep. Oh, when she was little, she slept with one eye cracked open, too. She says her vision is fine and she doesn't hurt. She also had frequent ear infections and burst ear drums when she was 3 & 4. Can one of you sweet people tell me what could be wrong w/her and direct me to the correct practitioner? I would greatly appreciate it.

HelloCustomer

She has already seen by your g.p. and neurologist for dizziness. For her eye problems, she needs to be seen by an ophthalmologist. A little difference in the palpebral aperture(the distance between the two lids when eyes are open) can be physiological. However, it can also happen becuase of ptosis(lid drooping), irritation in one eye or even glaucoma. Vision may not be affected in these eye conditions.

By dizziness if you mean that she feels as if the surroundings around her her spinning or whirling then it could be due to inner ear problem like llabyrinthitis. In that case she needs to be seen by an ENT specialist as well. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!
You're most welcome.