Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I've keep getting this headache for the past 6 weeks.

Customer Question
Sometimes it last 5 mintues...
I've keep getting this headache for the past 6 weeks. Sometimes it last 5 mintues, sometimes for days at a time. The pain is pretty intense, enough to make me sleep constantly and become immobile and is situated just above my left eye, but on the inside of the eye socket. At fisrt I thought I possibly needed glasses so I went to an optometrist for an eye test and he couldnt find anything wrong either. The pain is slowly starting behyind my right eye now. I'm not sure what it is but it's starting to freak me out.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
2/1/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

There are a few possibilities with these symptoms. Refractive error has already been ruled out by your optometrist. Another possibility could be glaucoma in which the eye pressure is raised and it can damage the optic nerve of the eye leading to irreversible loss of vision. It is important to see an ophthalmologist to rule this out. Other possibilities could be sinusitis. migraine, tension headache etc. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist