How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Stevens Your Own Question
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 1404
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Stevens is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with Fuch's Dystrophy. My eyes are

Resolved Question:

I have been diagnosed with Fuch's Dystrophy. My eyes are been getting worse. Should I contact Hopkins. Do you know of any new treatment ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

if Johns Hopkins is somewhere you can go readily, I would do so. The latest treatment for corneal scarring and vision deterioration due to Fuchs is a surgical procedure called DSAEK which is a Partial Thickness Corneal Transplant Endothelial Keratoplasty. This is a much cleaner surgery than the traditional penetrating keratoplasty where the entire cornea is transplanted. However not everyone does DSAEK so places like Johns Hopkins will surely be able to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for the procedure, I wish you well, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you