Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a 3 y/o boy who just recently starting twitching his

Customer Question
left eye. Usually happenes...
I have a 3 y/o boy who just recently starting twitching his left eye. Usually happenes more towards the evening. Anything to worry about?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
1/7/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer;

It is likely that he has a foreign body particle inside the left eye causing eye irritation, and possibly dry eyes, and therefore blepharospasm (twitching). I suggest that you instill preservative free tears such as Refresh Plus into his left eye every 2 hours while awake for 1-2 days, then 4 times thereafter. If not better in 1 week, I suggest that your take him to eye doctor for a closer evaluation inside the eye, because the particle could be hidden in the cul-de-sac.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Is there any chance that it is anything serious? I just wanted to make sure he wasn't getting a tic of some sort. Any way to tell?

second note: I am a general dentist for 10 years and love this site. Do you enjoy being an expert on this site?

Thanks for your quick help!

Thank you so much for your reply.

Since it is only on eye and is recent, it's unlikely to be any thing very serious. It's likely a particle irritiating his eye, but we do not know what it is, so he needs evaluation if the frequent tear drops does not take care of it. If possible, and he co-operates, irrigating that eye with clean tap water or distilled water should be done first. About been an expert - I enjoy it very much, because I could help many, especially those that can not afford to see me in the office.

Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist