Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Bilateral anterior segment ocular dysgenesis is there a

treatment for this?...
bilateral anterior segment ocular dysgenesis is there a treatment for this?
1/6/2010
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

The treatment will mainly focus on controlling any complication that will affect normal visual stimulation and development. This includes ensuring normal eye pressure, and if abnormal, using eye drops to control it; ensuring that the cornea is clear - if opaque, deterimining whether eye drop can help. In addition, if strabismus or lazy eye is present, early surgical correction can prevent loss of stereovision (depth perception) or overall vision. The most common complication is future possibility of glaucoma, due to outflow obstruction of the anterior segment aqueous fluid. I suggest that your child eye surgeon be aggressive with correction of complications that may affect normal visual system development.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist