How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. PG Your Own Question
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. PG is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been waking up with one bloodshot eye (from the inner

Resolved Question:

I've been waking up with one bloodshot eye (from the inner corner outward to the pupil). It gets better throughout the day but never totally clears up. Some days are worse than others. I tried a dry eye ointment last night and it made it even worse this morning. The eyelid of the bad eye seems slightly more pronounced than the normal one. I've always had very sensitive eyes that easily turn bloodshot but never one so much worse than the other.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.


Kindly give some more information regarding your question-

- are you having any itching/irritation/discharge in the affected eye?

- since when are you having the redness in your eye?

- are you on any other medicines like for diabetes/hypertension etc?

- presently or few days back did you have any fever, cough, cold etc?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is slight itching/irritation but no discharge.

It's been going on for over a month.

I'm taking no medicines for diabetes or hypertension. I take nexium, 10 mg statin and iron for aenemia.

I had a cold about 2 1/2 weeks ago.


Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

Considering your symptoms the possibilities in your case are -

- a severe allergic reaction, more in one eye

- a viral conjunctivitis or eye flu, which typically affects one eye and causes redness, watering and irritation in the eye

- other problems like uveitis or glaucoma etc

I would recommend you to consult an Ophthalmologist for a first hand examination to reach the exact diagnosis and treat accordingly, specially since you have been having the problem since 1 month already.


Dr. PG and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you