How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a heavy uncharacteristic feeling in my right eye. It

This answer was rated:

I have a heavy uncharacteristic feeling in my right eye. It has been gradually increasing over the last 10 months.
I've been to an optometrist three times and my family physician once. They say my eye and sight seems normal. The optometrist prescribed antibiotic/steroid drops twice and artificial tears, with little change. I'm wondering if something is effecting the nerve or muscle in my eyelids as I'm blinking more in my right eye and I also feeling a slight loss of fine motor use in my right arm. Do you have any suggestions.
Thank you.
Lynn H.


You should see an ophthalmologist. Increased blinking may be due to dryness or some irritation in your eyes. Meibomitis(inflammation of meibomian glands present on lid margin) may be contributing to your dryness. Warm compresses and a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears should help. Any blepharitis needs to be ruled out. Also a dilated eye examination by an ophthalmologist will help to rule out any age related macular degeneration and optic nerve damage. Steroid drops should not be used for long as they can acuse cataaract, glaucoma etc. For your hand problems, you need a neurological examination. You can see your family practitioner. If he feels that you should see a neurologist then see one. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you