Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I NOTHING ELES TO SAY ABOUT MY EYES EXCEPT THAT THEY ARE

Customer Question

I NOTHING ELES TO SAY ABOUT MY EYES EXCEPT THAT THEY ARE BURRY.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Any itching?

Any watery?

Are you using other medications?

Any other medical problem?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

HELLO DR.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS,

NO ITCHING

YES WATERING

YES TAKING MEDICATION FOR HP

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your reply:

It appears that you are experiencing blurry vision from the watery eyes. The reason your eyes are watery is, in fact, because they are dry from the effect of the blood pressure medication (commonly known for such side effect) or possibly other conditions which can cause of dry eyes. In general, when the cornea is dry, it causes the stimulation of the cornea nerves and the nerves that supply the tear glands to become activated to produce excessive tears to keep the cornea wet. This is called reflex tearing caused by dry eyes. The solution is to use preseverative free tear drop (lubricant) such as Genteal drop or Refresh 4 times daily regularly for 1-2 weeks, then as needed thereafter. If not resolved after 2 weeks, then I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you until you are satisfied.

I hope this information is helpful. If agree, please press the ACCEPT button for this assist. Thank you so much.

A positive feedback and/or bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This is for information only and should not replace the recommendation of your doctor.