Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

My eye is really red and my eyelid is low and swollen its

my eye is really red and my eyelid is low and swollen its just my left eye and i have discharge and itching what infection could it be?

hello there

how long has this been going on ? is there significant ithcing ? what color is the discharge ? did you recently get something in that eye that may be causing allergic reaction (pet hair, dander) ?

I will be away from my PC and will allow other experts to chime in if you decide to add more info, Good night

IS there a bump on your lid either inside or outside?

Could you send a photo?

Are you there

It looks like you are having some problems with replying. Anyway, your symptoms could be due to conjunctivitis. It may be viral in nature since anti-biotics are not helping you. Anti-biotics may still be used to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Sometimes, cornea gets involved and in such cases steroid drops may be required. Other possibilities could be a stye on lid, allergic conjunctivitis etc. You need to see an ophthalmologist to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Even though the picture is not much clear, you could be having viral conjunctivitis which should resolve within a week's time(sometimes it may take longer). Lids are edematous and so there is drooping which is called mechanical ptosis. If cornea is involved you will require steroid drops. So, I would suggest you to see an ophthalmologist. Thanks.

Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED