How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some kind of skin problem on the left eye lid. The

Resolved Question:

I have some kind of skin problem on the left eye lid. The area appears to be a bid reddish and skin or something else keeps peeling off this area on the eye lid. This area does not itch. Should I see a dermatology doctor or an eye doctor. This has been a condition for several months.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.


It looks more like a dermatology problem to me. You should see a dermatologist. Had it been blepharitis or meibomitis, there would have been redness or itching in the eyes. Peeling does not occur in these conditions. It would be better to get yourself examined by a dermatologist. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you