Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

My vision is blurred in my left eye

my vision is blurred in my left eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Few questions to assist me help you:

Is the eye red? painful? itchy? tearing?

Do you feel any gritty or foreign particle in your eye"

Rubbing eye?

Any recent cold or flu?

Do you wear contacts?

Other medications?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hello I was rubbing my eye because it felt itchy then the vision in my eye suddenly went blurry . it isnt sore or watery or red and there is no pain . I occasionally wear contact lenses but i am wearing my glasses at the minute.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that you are experiencing a temporary cornea/tear film changes with cornea irritation from either contact lens proteins and/or infiltrates or cornea dryness. This is not harmful, and will clear. Itchy sensation with rubbing affected your cornea surface, but this is a temporary change. The other concern is to make sure you do not have a small dust particle in your eye causing the irritation, and transient change in tear production, can result in dryness and hence blurry vision in the affected area. This will often resolve, usually between changing the contact and/or use of tear drops to keep the eye moist.

To speed the resolution, I would recommend that you start using preservative free tear drops (i.e. Refresh plus or Genteal), 1 drop into the affected eye 4 times a day for 1 week, and then in both eyes as needed to keep your eyes moist thereafter. I suggest that you keep your contact off for and day while you use the drops. It would also be adviceabe to use a new contact (assuming that you have short duration or daily wear), especially in the affected eye. If after 1 week this fails to resolve, or worsens with pain and redness, I would suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation under the silt-lamp to exclude other cornea process or dust particle still not removed from the use of tear drops. At that point you may need antibiotics drops to clear any possible infection.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello thankyou for you. reply.. I have not been wearing my lenses today just my glasses and I only wear lenses at the weekend . My eye hasnt been sore today. It just went blurry after I rubbed it. It feels like there is a "fog" over my eye. Did I rub my eye too hard and harm my cornea.?

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

You did not harm your cornea, it was just was briefly irritated. There is no harm. If you can use the tear drops I suggested just for a few day, but if you are not able to get it no harm is done. Take Care - I'm happy to have assisted you. Please, press the ACCEPT button.