How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CAN OCUBITE (apparently the new vit.treatment) be prescribed

This answer was rated:

CAN OCUBITE (apparently the new vit.treatment) be prescribed by a G.P.and would you recommend it for someone on BetaBlockers treatment for early Glaucoma .That or Vits.A & E for instance ?
QWould you say that a Private eye specialist is a Public Hosp.Eye Dept.(which is cheaper & they have more equipment)
Thanks- A.B.


I would go with Beta blockers and not with Ocuvite. If your eye pressure is elevated, it has to be brought down for which you need pressure lowering drugs like Beta blockers and not anti-oxidants like Ocuvite. There have been studies showing anti-oxidants reducing oxidative stress in patients with glaucoma but there have been reports which did not. In any case, if pressure is raised it has to be brought down by anti-glaucoma drugs like Beta blockers or Prostaglandins analogues. If you have problems with Beta blockers, you may go for Prostaglandin analogues after discussing it with your doctor. Never get yourself treated by a g.p. for something like glaucoma. You have to see an ophthalmologist. As far as going to a private doctor or public hospital is concerned, both can be good or bad. You have to see the competence of the doctor concerned and the facilities available. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you