Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

Okay thanks..but can severe wrinkling under the eyes be

Okay thanks..but can severe wrinkling under the eyes be caused by allergies. Is this reversible? Why is it just us and no one else in our area is dealing with this. I already saw a doctor who thought it was an infection and took antibiotics. This did not help. Is it possible that I am spreading something viral? Have you heard of this before? I see my co-worker and she looks ten years older and I do as well.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.

Your symptoms do seem a little unusual. In case of severe allergies, sometime wrinkling can occur, but then it should be reversible once the allergy subsides. Viral infection seems unlikely because it is usually accompanied by other symptoms like fever, skin rash in generalized body etc.

I can understand your anxiety, but to be exatly sure you need to be examined first hand by a Dermatologist.

Regards