How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

with no apparent pattern, i develop about 5 times a year a

Customer Question

with no apparent pattern, i develop about 5 times a year a significant swelling under both eyes, burning on the face like a chemical burn, i have seen a dermatologist, as well as an opthamologist, who claims i have severe dry eye eyes are constantly bright red, burning,,,,look like they are bleeding, he has plogged my tear ducts, several prescription meds several times a day and no relief......also, the skin irritation under and around each eye is more pressing.bright red, and looks like i have been beaten.and using carmol 20 or others without any perfumes or additives, doesn't change the course...i can't go to work like this when it is present, it is unrelenting and often lasts for at least a week........please provide some guidance..... i have already been tested for early signs of lupus....but i don't know if it may still be that in the future.....i am treated regularly by a rheumatologist...diagnosis, neck arthritic, back arthritic, both knees have been replaced, b
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.



Dry eye syndrome has been found to be associated with collagen vascular diseases like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis etc. Treatment is often difficult and I can see that you have already had been given some of the best options available. To understand your condition better and discuss it with your ophthalmologist, you can follow this link - The management of your problems will involve ophthamologist, dermatologist and and a rheumatologist/orthopedic surgeon. Thanks.