How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a blister like bump near the inside bottom corner of

Resolved Question:

I have a blister like bump near the inside bottom corner of my eye. I thought it might be a stye at first. I have tried stye ointment, warm commpress, cold compress, even milk on a piece of bread & it just doesnt seem to be getting better, acualy it seems worse. Can I pop the blister?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

Is it filled with fluid inside?
Is it on the skin or the mucous membrane covering the eyes?
Have you had this before?
Do you have any pain?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes it is filled with Fluid

It is on the skin just under the bottom lashes, and is swollen


yes it stings

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
It is likely a cyst. Draining it will relieve the fluid, but it has a good chance of coming back. If it comes back often, the lining of the cyst needs to be removed.

If it is infected, draining it yoursef is not recommended as it risk spreading the infection. An eye doctor may prescribe antibiotics if it looks infected. If not, he would likely take a sterile needle and drain the fluid.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I really dont think I get in to see a eye Dr. before the weekend, so I was hoping for a way to relieve the pressure & stinging until I can see a Dr. If you dont recommend draining it any idea what I can do. Its probaly the size of a pea & is red around the base & kinda red/orange/yellow color around the top. Please help!
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Are you able to see your primary care doctor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, the clinic has no openings & I was hoping not to go to the er
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
The redness and irritation are signs of inflammation, so I wouldn't recommend draining it yourself. You may try some over the counter hydrocortizone cream. Be very care not to get it in the eye and just on the skin only.

The steroid cream can sometimes make an infection worse. If the area is worsened, then you need to see a doctor for evaluation and possibly antibiotics.
Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you