How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask drsumitbassi Your Own Question
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 7827
Type Your Eye Question Here...
drsumitbassi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sever Pain in my right eye. Severe Bloodshot..very

This answer was rated:

Sever Pain in my right eye. Severe Bloodshot..very red....blurred vision.
light pain (enough to be aware of it) that comes and goes on my over my right
temple.....not daily. I was told by my husbands doctor who was just passing by, that it was conjunctivitus, (pink eye) so I bought some drops for it, otc.
But every few days, after a is back. The pain was so bad last night that I almost went to er. Age: 72, not diabetic. good health in general.
Please help!

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,there is a possibility that your symptoms could be due to temporal arteritis as it presents with similar blurry vision,pain over the temporal area and occurs mostly at your age.
I will advise that you go to ER as this warrants physician immidiate attention.The physician there will be able to physical exam of eye and ESR as a screenin test.He will give you intravenous corticosteroids which will take care of your eye symptoms.
Conjuctivitis may not present with pressure in temporal area,presents mostly with watering of eyes,so it seems less likely as a possible cause of your symptoms.
There could be a possibility that your symptoms could be due to acute angle glaucoma which also presents with eye redness and blurry vision which also warrants physician immidiate attention.
It is my priviledge assisting you.
Wish you best of health and happiness.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

drsumitbassi and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, ***** *****
I receive your diagnosis, amd want to get a anwer from a Dr. without having to go to
ER. Can I go to a Opthmologist for this?
Reason: My husbandf is in a Nursing Home, due to a stroke...I go there every day
to feed him dinner, so I am already exposed to all kinds of infections...and REALLY
want to avoid a ER in Charlotte, NC due to all the Flu /viruses in the waiting room.
Tell me if I am wrong or paranoid! Thanks.