How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i had bells palsy 10 years ago and my eyelid doesnt close.

Customer Question

i had bells palsy 10 years ago and my eyelid does'nt close. i know it's not going to get better now. if i close both eyes it will close but not all tha way. it does'nt blink with the other eye. my good eye will blink closed and the other just a small blink. i have just recently found out that the proceder they use is a gold implant. i want one done very badly. if there's any advice for me i would love to here it. can tou steer me in the right direction. i live in bangor maine.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.



You seem to be having lagophthalmos on the affected site. You can go ahead with the gold implant surgery. It is a good option for you. It will also help dryness in the eye and protect cornea. You need to see an oculoplastic surgeon for this. All the best.

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

To understand it better, you can read this case report. Thanks.




Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you know of a dr. in maine that does this type of surgery. i have never herd of a oculoplastic
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
An oculoplastic surgeon is an ophthalmologist who is further specialized in lid surgeries. Even plastic surgeons do this surgery. You can look up oculoplastic and plastic surgeons in a search engine like google. If you are unable to find one then give me your complete address and I will do it for you. Thanks.