How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 34998
Experience:  MBBS MS
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you treat a clogged tear duct? The inner corner of my

Resolved Question:

How do you treat a clogged tear duct? The inner corner of my eye is very swollen and hard so I assume it's a clogged/blocked tear duct.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.


Tear duct blockage and inflammation is called as dacryocystitis. The treatment is following;

1) Lacrimal sac massage,

2) Warm compresses,

3) Topical and oral antibiotics

4) Surgical treatment called as dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR).

Please read the resource;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you