Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have very runnning waterer eyes and vision seem to be

Customer Question
getting poor? I wear read glass...
I have very runnning waterer eyes and vision seem to be getting poor?
I wear read glass and glass to watch t.v and driving.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/4/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dry eyes and blepharitis can cause watery eyes, poor vision and irritation. This has likely been going on for some time, so will therefore take time to calm down.

I recommend using over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day. I also recommend starting on warm compresses of your eyelids. This will help soften the plugged oil glands of your eyelids. After the warm compresses, you can use dilute baby shampoo in warm water, scrub the bases of your eyelashes with the pads of your fingers twice a day.

At night, you can use an eye ointment to prevent it from drying out, also available over the counter. If the swelling is persistent despite this treatment or worsening, I recommend you visit with an optometrist or ophthalmologist for evaluation.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James