Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What can be done to help the eyes heel

Customer Question
What can be done to help the eyes heel
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
11/1/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Can you give more details as to what is wrong with your eyes?
Have you seen an eye doctor?
my son was wellding this afternoon and did not have a shield his eyes are burning i called the hospital but they can't advise over the phone
How is his vision?
How long was he welding?
When does he plan on seeing a doctor?
his vision is blury, 5 to 7 minutes ,should he see a doctor
Welding without protection exposes a person to high levels of UV light. This can cause damage to the surface of the cornea. Initial treatment is with ocular lubricants and artificial tears. Use a thick eye ointment before bed. If the corneal inflammation is mild, then this treatment is enough. If symptoms are severe or worsening, he should see an eye doctor to assess the extent of the damage. Over the counter pain medicines can help ease some of the pain.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
what kind of eye ointment
There are many different brands of lubricating eye ointments. They are sold over the counter here in the states and I assume it is sold over the counter there as well.
you said thick eye ointment
those are sold over the counter as well.
do you recomend I take him to the emergency room
It depends on the severity of the keratitis. It is always best to have a physician examine the eye and evaluate.

Best wishes.
Dr. James
Dr. James