Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What are the symptoms and treatment of corneal guttata and

Customer Question
what is the sucess rate...
What are the symptoms and treatment of corneal guttata and what is the sucess rate of treatment
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
10/28/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Corneal guttata is sign of endothelial cell dysfunction. The guttata themselves have no symptoms. If there are many, it is an indication that the endothelial cells are not functioning properly and can lead to corneal edema. The vision will fluctuate, typically worse in the morning upon waking up and improve throughout the day. You can also get halos around lights and glare symptoms.

Treatment is with eye drops initially, then surgically if needed -- either full thickness or partial thickness corneal transplants. These transplants are very successful.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Dr. James
Dr. James