Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

16 MONTH OLD GRANDSON WAS DIAGNOSED AFTER MONTHS (5) OF

Customer Question
TESTS TO SEE WHY THE...
16 MONTH OLD GRANDSON WAS DIAGNOSED AFTER MONTHS (5) OF TESTS TO SEE WHY THE EYE INFECTION IT IS PLASMINOGEN DEFICIENCY AND THE EYE WAS TREATED WITH DROPS HOURLY M(7 WEEKS). HE IS STARTING TO OPEN HIS EYE NOW BUT NOT COMPLETELY. THEY SAY ONLY A SMALL WHITE SPOT IS ON THE CORNEA AND EYESIGHT WAS GOOD. PLASTIC SURGEON LOOKED AT THE EYE TO SEE IF EYELID COULD BE RAISED OR IF NERVES WERE DAMAGED OR NOT WORKING TO OPEN THE EYE COMPLETELY THEY ARE NOW SAYING HE IS BLIND IN THE EYE. WHERE CAN WE TAKE HIM TO HAVE SOMEONE ACCURATELY LOOK AT HIS EYE OR IF THE DELAYS OR TREATMENT HAS DAMAGED HIS EYESIGHT
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
10/20/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

I'm sorry to hear about your family's problems. This is a tough condition to treat. The treatment seem to involve plasminogen IV or eyedrops. Sometimes the inflammation from the eyelids and conjunctiva can involve the cornea. At his age, we also need to be concerned about amblyopia if the eye was closed for a significant amount of time.

I'm not sure where he is, but there should be a university somewhere around. This usually have pediatric ophthalmologists who would be the best equipped to exam him and inform you of the condition.

I hope this helps and thank you.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist