Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

When I move my eye I see a yellowish tint at the very inside

Customer Question
corner of it. I...
When I move my eye I see a yellowish tint at the very inside corner of it. I don't think it's jaundice. I was just wondering if there is an explaination.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/8/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Are you noticing this yellowish tint on the whites of your eyes when you look in the mirror?
Or is it in your vision?
Do you see any flashes of lights?
How long has it been there?
the yellowish tint is in the whites of my eyes, but only under the eyelid. it is not in my vision and i see no flashes of light. I started noticing it a couple of months ago but it could have been there a lot longer
You are describing a pinguecula. This is caused from dryness and UV damage effects. Artificial tears and UV sun protection will help prevent it from enlarging.

Please press accept if my answer was helpful. Follow-up questions and clarifications welcomed.
Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James