Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I started having a grey blurred spot in my left eye

Customer Question
today...i have had a serious...
i started having a grey blurred spot in my left eye today...i have had a serious cold for the last week, could this be the source..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
10/8/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Are there any floaters in your vision?

Are there any flashes of light?

no floaters, no flashers, no pain, just a small grey patch in the keft cebter

center...it is not totally blocked

It could be due to an opacity in the lens called cataract or there could be a corneal scar. You need an examination by an ophthalmologist to find that out. It does not seem to be related to cold. Glaucoma is another possibility. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
have had regular glaucoma checks, yearly, no pressure change prior, this happened yesterday, has not been a gradual change...could the allergy, cold or even a stroke pressure a blood vessel...i have had no pain...and i exercise regularly with no consequence...

I do not think it to be due to any allergy or cold. Cataract and corneal scars can cause this. In glaucoma, one can develop relative or absolute scotomas(non-seeing areas). A field test can confirm that. You could have developed it recently. You need to go for an examination with a n ophthalmologist. I have told you the likely possibilities. Thanks.

Unless you click the ACCEPT BUTTON, I do not get a share from your deposited funds and am not paid for my advice and time. Thanks.

Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist