How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A few nights ago I sensed that my eyelid on my right eye was

Resolved Question:

A few nights ago I sensed that my eyelid on my right eye was drooping and when I looked in the mirror the eye was smaller then my right eye, at the same time my left eye was fully dilated and my right eye dilation was small - I tested my eyes by covering them for a while in a darkend room and then went into a well lit room to see if there was any change but there was no change. I was feeling fine, I went to bed and woke up the following morning with no problems with my eyes. Should I go and see my GP about this? Two years ago I suffered a single epileptic seizure - I was given tests on a MRI scan could this be an association.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

It would be better to see an ophthalmologist. If that is difficult then see an optometrist who would examine you and let you know whether you should see an ophthalmologist or not. A dilated pupil can indicate a pathology of the posterior segment of the eye. Drooping of the eyelid along with dilatation of the same eye indicates towards third cranial palsy or paresis. So, you should see an ophthalmologist and not a GP. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you

Related Eye Questions