How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

boyfriend got a finger put in his eye by my little girl he

Customer Question

boyfriend got a finger put in his eye by my little girl he is n alot of pain and cant open his eye what should or can we do
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

Your boyfriend has a corneal abrasion. This will heal in about a day or so. For temporary relief, he should use a think lubricating eye ointment available over the counter. He also needs to see an eye doctor to evaluate the extent of the abrasion and prescribe antibiotic eye drops to prevent infection.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we have already done what u said and have not had any relief but thanks
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Has he seen an eye doctor yet?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
You will need to see an eye doctor. They have numbing eye drops which will help with the pain temporarily. If the abrasion is extensive, they can also place a contact lens that acts as a bandage.

Please remember to press the accept button if my answer has been helpful.