Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Boyfriend got a finger put in his eye by my little girl he

Customer Question
is n alot of pain...
boyfriend got a finger put in his eye by my little girl he is n alot of pain and cant open his eye what should or can we do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
10/5/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Your boyfriend has a corneal abrasion. This will heal in about a day or so. For temporary relief, he should use a think lubricating eye ointment available over the counter. He also needs to see an eye doctor to evaluate the extent of the abrasion and prescribe antibiotic eye drops to prevent infection.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
we have already done what u said and have not had any relief but thanks
Has he seen an eye doctor yet?
You will need to see an eye doctor. They have numbing eye drops which will help with the pain temporarily. If the abrasion is extensive, they can also place a contact lens that acts as a bandage.

Please remember to press the accept button if my answer has been helpful.
Dr. James
Dr. James