How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. PG Your Own Question
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. PG is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is cause of sore reddisy eye with gel blob in white p

Resolved Question:

What is cause of sore reddisy eye with gel blob in white part
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Kindly give some mor einformation regarding your question -
- is the redness and discharge present in both the eyes?
- any other symptoms like fever, eye swelling, blurred vision etc?
- since when are you having these symptoms?
- is thereany itching?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know the cause. I was first aware of it about an hour before I wrote you. My eye was irritated and I realized that I was rubbing it a lot. I noticed that it felt a little sore so I went to look in a mirror. It was red around the area and I noticed the gel looking blob on the something had leaked . I am not aware of any trauma to the eye. There are no symptoms like fever,eye swelling or blurred vision. I covered it with an eye patch for gentle pressure and fell asleep.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
You might be suffering from an eye flu or pink eye. Ideally you need to use antibiotic eye drops after consulting an Ophthalmologist. The other rare possibilities are a foreign body (like a dirt particle) in the eye, inflammation of the eye etc. But in the meantime -
- apply cold compresses to the eye
- use anti-histaminic eye drops (zaditen) which are available over the counter
- lubricating eye drops like genteal/refresh tears/systane etc.
- if there is swelling around the eye, then oral anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen/tylenol etc
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any idea what constitues the gel like blob?
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
In case you are having an eye flu, then the gel like blob is basically mixture of mucus (thick eye tears) and a little discharge.
Dr. PG and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you