Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have been playing a new Nintendo DS Game lately. I am sort

of obsessed with it and...
I have been playing a new Nintendo DS Game lately. I am sort of obsessed with it and have been playing it in bed and every chance I get. I have noticed that when I look at a large dark area I see the little pixel grid that is on the game screen in. Am I ruining my vision and will it go away when I quit playing the game.
Thanks,
Marsha
10/2/2009
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

No, it does not like that. The grid that you are seeing would be becasue of the screen defect. There does not appear to be a cause for concern if your eyes are otherwise healthy. That pixel grid would be visible to others as well. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

No, I see the grid with my eyes without looking at the game. Like I am looking through a screen. It is a light shadow in my vision.

Do you have any floaters in your vision?

Do you have any flashes of light?

I have had floater for a long time. No flashes of light.
It looks like like you have a posterior vitreous detachment which is a normal ageing change. The vitreous gel in the posterior part of the eye liquifies with age and shrinks. As it shrinks, it may cause traction on the retina which may lead to flashes of light and floaters in the eye. Usually, it goes uneventful, but sometimes it amy cause a retinal tear which can lead to retinal detachment and serious loss of vision. So, a person with these symptoms must get a dilated fundus examination to rule out any retinal tear.

Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist