Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Ihave a broken blood vessel in my right eye and the corner

of my eye has been...
Ihave a broken blood vessel in my right eye and the corner of my eye has been red for about two weeks now and would like to know how to rememedy it. Thank you. xxx xxx
10/1/2009
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
You are likely to have a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. Although its appearance may be alarming, a subconjunctival hemorrhage is generally a painless and harmless condition. The causes could be -

Minor eye trauma

increased venous pressur

Strenuous Exercising

Coughing

Vomiting

Sneezing

Blood dyscrasia (rare)

Severe hypertension

A subconjunctival hemorrhage is typically a self-limiting condition that requires no treatment in the absence of infection or significant trauma. At the most you can use a lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears 3 times a day. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist