Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am a little worried. My pupil in my right eye is slightly

Customer Question
I am a little worried...
I am a little worried. My pupil in my right eye is slightly more dilated than the pupil in my left. I notice this more when the lighting in the room somewhat darker, but light is still making it to my eyes. When there is light evenly in both eyes, I don't notice it as much. They tend to dilate to the same size in this case.
I had a friend who noticed that one of her pupils were dilated larger than the other and she took herself to the hospital. Long story short, she was very close to having a stroke. At what point do I start to worry about this? I feel it necessary to say that I went to the eye doctor a few weeks back and had my pupils dilated, they haven't really been right since. Or least, that's when I started noticing it.
Any advice would be great!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Stroke is not likely but a dilated pupil may indicate some disease of the posterior segment of the eye like macular hole, optic atrophy e.t.c. If on your previous visit, the ophthalmologist did not find anything abnormal then it could be physiological as well. Don't be scared about stroke. It is not that. Thanks.
Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Ok, great and thanks for putting my mind at ease. I have been a bit more stressed lately with a new job and getting sent home for an injury from the military. Thanks for the help.
You are most welcome.
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist