Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

After removing my contac lenses last night I have had pain

Customer Question
in my eye. If...
After removing my contac lenses last night I have had pain in my eye. If feels like there is something in my eye although I do not see anything. I have used eye wash with a cup but it stings when I do so and doesn't alleviate the "something in the eye" feeling. I'm concerned about possible eye abrasion and infections that can develop if that is what I have. Is this something that warrants going directly to an Urgent Care facility or am I safe waiting for my eye doctor's office to open tomorrow?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
9/20/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

You are correct. There may be an abrasion. Sometimes with contacts, you can get a sterile ulcer (that is, an inflammation, not infection). Since this is Sunday, you can wait until tomorrow. However, the foreign body sensation may continue. You may have to see the doctor today just to get something to alleviate the symptoms. You can first try some artificial tear ointment to see if this relieves some of the irritation.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist