Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Only one side of my eye got swollen and it's reddish and

itchy from using mixture make...
Only one side of my eye got swollen and it's reddish and itchy from using mixture make up products. I have never been allergic to any make up products my whole life until now. I am in my 30's and don't know how to cure it.

I took Clariton and it's not helping. I have also used cold pak onto my eye to calm but not helping. It's been 3 days that my eye is swollen, what can i do?
9/6/2009
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
You can try an over the counter antihistamine eye drop (such as Zatidor or Elestat). You should stop the eye make-up if you haven't done so already.

The Claritin and cold packs should help as well. If it is not improved, you can see your ophthalmologist for a prescrition of corticosteroids.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you.

--------------------------
Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
Is this allergic reaction? By using over the counter product, how soon should it take to heal?
Itchiness is usually a sign of allergies. I would give it a couple more days. If the swelling gets much worse, your vision is affected, then you can consider seeing an eye doctor sooner. Try the artificial tears and antihistamine eye drops to see if it helps.

Please remember to accept if I have been helpful.
Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James