How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a pink/tender skin between my eye and eye lashes on

Customer Question

I have a pink/tender skin between my eye and eye lashes on the botom of my eyes. It looks like I've been crying. Any ideas why, and how I can treat it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
How old are you?
How long have you been having it?
Is the affected area on the eyelid or on the white of the eye?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm 48

Had it for a few years

The affected area is on the bottom eyelid

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
You seem to be having meibomitis which is inflammmation of the meibomion glands present on the lids. Their openings get blocked. To help it you can do warm compresses and massage your lids with a tetracaine eye ointment. You should also use a lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears, 3-4 times a day, as because of meibimitis there could be dryness in the eyes. In about a weels time, you should see improvement. In case it's very severe it can take a little longer ang you may even have to use a steroid based eye ointment like cortecycline. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, I'll give it a try. Thanks again
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
You are most welcome.