Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

On Aug. 3rd 2009 I fell down a flight of stairs and have

Hello On Aug. 3rd 2009 I...
Hello
On Aug. 3rd 2009 I fell down a flight of stairs and have retina neuropathy - permanent blindness. I plan to have surgery for cosmetic reasons (to move the iris closer to the nose & be more aligned with the good eye). About 2 weeks after the fall, I developed a dark red blood clot in the blind eye. Is there a procedure to remove it? I don't know why it developed afterwards, but it's very dark and red and doesn't seem to be disappearing on its own at all.
Thank you,
Diane Ducote
***@******.***
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2009
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Is it on the white part or inside the black part?
It is on the white part and borders along the iris.
It appears to be a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. Sometimes, it can be there for a long time but it is likely to resolve on it's own. It does not require any treatment. It could also be due to Pterygeum which is degenerative condition of sub-conjunctival tissue. It has to be excised. It can be taken care of at the time of your surery for this eye. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist