How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

not my eyelids but the area between my eyelids and my eyebrow

Resolved Question:

not my eyelids but the area between my eyelids and my eyebrow is swollen and red. Stopped my contacts but it still is swollen and red.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Have you recently changed your eyelid makeup? Any decrease in vision? Is this on both upper eyelids?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Do you wear eyemake up? Change in creams or lotion on your face? One side or both sides?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no changes in make up or loss of vision. have not used contacts for weeks.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
If the upper eyelid is swollen down to where the eyelashes are, it could be related to your contact lenses. There is a condition called GPC or giant papillary conjunctivitis.

If you are referring only only the skin area where the crease of the upper lid directly under your eyebrow, I would consider it a reaction to some sort of irritate. If you are female, eye make-up is the most likely. I recommend you look for anything that could be causing the irritation (makeup, creams or lotions). You should stop those to see if it helps. You may also consider an over-the-counter steroid cream (make sure not to get it in your eyes).

If the swelling is only one side and getting worse, I would be concerned for an infection, possible from a bug bite. These are usually one-sided and tender to the touch. In this case, you would need antibiotics.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
none of the answers are relevant in that the make up was stopped, as was the contact lenses. It is in both eyes so a bug bite is not the answer. the swollen area is below the eye brow and above the eye lid. The swelling is causing the eye lid to go over the eye a bit.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
I suspect it maybe an allergy of some kind. You may try some over the counter antihistamines to see if it will bring the swelling down. If it worsens, then you may be better served seeing your primary care doctor or ophthalmologist.
Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you