Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

One of my eyes hurts and gets watery at times, mostly when

Im outside and sometimes in...
one of my eyes hurts and gets watery at times, mostly when Im outside and sometimes in doors, its not pink eye....but its been hurting for 2 days i cant wear contacts..do you know what it could be and what medication can be used
8/7/2009
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
HelloCustomer

How is your vision in that eye? What have you tried so far? What kind of contacts do you wear?
I had an eye exam about 2 months ago but i feel like my vision got a little worse, I wear soft lenses (acuvue colors) i do have stigmatisim , i tried wearing my glasses 2 days in a row now, I cant even put on my lenses because my eye burn and fills up with tears when I put it in. Ive tried putting in new contacts, it still does the same and putting eye drops but my eye still hurts.

There can be many causes for your symptoms.

One is sinus/allergies. Another is dry eyes. But the most likely (without examining your eye) is a condition called giant papillary conjunctivitis. We often see this in contact lens wearer. It is similar to an allergic reaction. Theories abound as to whether it is caused by an ill fitting contact, or reaction to the solution. The lids develop these large papillae (you can see them when you flip your upper lid). Treatments include Crolom drops (or temporary steroid medications) and rest from contacts for a few weeks. Maybe refitting the contact or changing the solution may help as well.

You should see your eye doctor again to check for this GPC.

Hope this helps and thank you.
I dont know if this will change your response but Ive had this happen 3 times in the last 3 months and it normally lasts 3-4 days and then goes away...
lt;p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>It could still be GPC. The swelling eases as you leave your contact out, but then start again when you rewear it.</p><p> </p><p>It could also be that you are encountering something on a regular basis that is causing a reaction to your eye.</p><p> </p><p>Either way, it might be good to leave your contacts out for some time (1 week or more) before going back again.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist