Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

My wife has wet macular degeneration in her eye and has had

My wife has wet macular degeneration in her eye and has had three Avastin injections to date into her eye .
Unfortunately she had three absessed teeth betwen the second and third injections and had to go on Antibiotics which were Clinamycin ,Penen V 500 MG. and Clinamycin again and then Cephalsporin and Levaquin Btween all the antibiotis she had 3 root canals done.
At this time all she really would like to know if a side effect of all I have mentioned above could be ringing in her ears which is really bothering her badly .
Thanks so much if you are able to add some light on to this matter .
Sincerely
Jim Phelan

The "mycin" drugs (like clindamycin) can all cause ringing as a side effects. Other possibly related factors that can cause ringing would be TMJ (from inflammation of the jaw joint) and sinusitis (spread of infection).